Victory College Prep developed its COVID-19 protocols using guidelines
provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
Marion County Public Health Department,
and other local, state, and federal agencies.
VCP Protocol Categories
1. Students and families/employees are responsible for daily self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms.
2. Students/employees with a confirmed case of COVID-19:
- must notify the school; faculty/staff must notify their supervisor immediately when they have tested positive for COVID;
- must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days following a confirmed test result being received;
- must in the case of employees use PTO for their quarantine time, unless they have proof of vaccination on record with the school.
3. Students/employees with COVID-like symptoms:
- must quarantine until they are free from a fever of 100.4 or higher for a total of 72 hours and must produce a negative COVID test result;
- must quarantine for 14 days and until they are free from a fever of 100.4 or higher for a total of 72 hours if a negative COVID test result is not/cannot be provided;
- that occur during the school day will be sent to the isolation room (girls locker room) until they can be picked up by a parent for the day and all grade levels will be expected to have a staff member who can proctor the isolation room “on demand.”
4. The following guidelines will be used to identify close contacts and issue appropriate quarantine orders.
- A close contact will be defined as an individual who has been within 6 feet of a confirmed case for a period of 15 minutes or longer (regardless of whether or not they are masked).
- When quarantine of close contacts is ordered it will be for the duration of 10 days regardless of whether a negative test result is obtained.
- Quarantine will be order for close contacts:
- in a classroom setting where masks are not worn consistently or correctly in a classroom;
- if they are using a face shield because face shields are not considered a mask;
- in areas where students may not be masked consistently (lunch, choir, athletics, etc.);
- who are not vaccinated and do not meet the criteria listed in the section below.
- Quarantine will not be ordered for close contacts:
- in a classroom setting where everyone is consistently and correctly masked;
- that have their completed vaccination details on record with the school;
- who has had COVID-19 illness within the previous three months, has recovered and remains symptoms free after their close contact exposure (proof of positive test required).
Student, Faculty, and Staff Requirements
VCP students, faculty, and staff members ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES during the school day from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This requirement is REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS.
All VCP bus riders are required to wear a mask on the bus, regardless of vaccination status.
Non-Classroom Settings Requirements
- Masks are required while on the school bus for all students.
- Masks are required for all guests regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks can be removed during active play (recess and PE) only if social distancing is possible.
- Athletes are not required to mask at practice or during games.
- Choir members must remain masked if not vaccinated.
- All visitors to the VCP campus will be required to wear a mask for building entry regardless of vaccination status.
These precautions remain in effect regardless of vaccine status and any changes to public health agencies’ guidance.
- Everyone in the school must sanitize their hands upon entry and exit to all rooms.
- Water fountains will remain closed until further notice. (VCP provides students bottled water.)
- Staff break rooms will be open, but masking protocols will be strictly enforced.
- Grade 4 thru Grade 12 locker access will be limited to specific times of the day.
- In classrooms where students rotate, teachers will sanitize desks and equipment twice daily.
- ALL students will sit in assigned seats and seating charts will be available “on-demand” should the need for contact tracing arise.
- ALL staff is expected to “self-check” for symptoms daily. Any staff member experiencing COVID-like symptoms should quarantine and contact their supervisor immediately. They should not come to the building for any reason.
Victory College Prep is providing an ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic with support from
the Federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER).
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Send us your feedback about our COVID-19 Response Plan using the form below.
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 48 HOURS TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE TO YOUR FEEDBACK.