COLLEGE PREP ACADEMY, 7-12
All scholars enroll in an advisory program, in which a teacher-advisor serves as the primary point of contact between the school and the student’s family. The goals of the advisory program include community-building, academic advisement, social-emotional learning, and college preparation.
- Our 11th and 12th grade advisory students partner with Ivy Tech community college to enroll 100% of students in a college readiness curriculum that earns them college credit and prepares them for their first year of post-secondary studies.
- In the senior year, VCP sponsors a FAFSA night for all families and a week-long series of college enrollment nights where parents and students meet with college counselors to review financial aid award letters, complete enrollment paperwork, and make formal commitments to college–we have had a 100% FAFSA completion rate and 70+% college matriculation rate for the past three consecutive years.
A FEW IMPORTANT FACTS
The Student Exhibition is a culminating presentation of VCP’s unique advisory program wherein students discuss their academic growth, progress toward graduation, and future goals and aspirations.
Students complete this cumulative project every semester that they attend Victory; as students move through high school, they discuss these pieces in more depth and identify specific areas of personal and professional growth.
DUAL ENROLLMENT & COLLEGE CREDIT EARNING
VCP is partnered with Indiana University Bloomington to offer dual credit classes through their Advanced College Project program. VCP has staff members that have are trained through IU and are IU professors. Currently we offer the following ACP courses:
- H105 – American History
- H106 – American History
- Y103 – American Politics
- W131 – Reading, Writing, and Inquiry
- L202 – Literacy Interpretation
Early Ivy Program
VCP is also partnered with Ivy Tech Community College. Students can take ANY two courses at Ivy Tech (total of 6 credits) for free at Ivy Tech. VCP covers all of the books and transportation. Through this partnership, students earn dual credits in the following courses:
- Intro to Engr Design (DESN 101 & DESN 103)
- Principles of Engr (DESN 104)
- Civil Engr and Architecture (DEN 105)
- Exploring Colleges & Careers (IVYT 111)
- Intro to Teaching (Educ 101)
On average, over 70% of VCP graduates earn at least three college credits while still in high school–we have partnerships with: Ivy Tech, IU-Bloomington, and IUPUI. We employ a Director of College and Career Advising who works with all students to coach them on college selection and enrollment and to monitor academic progress of students.