Connect to resources here
Most frequent questions and answers
Victory College Prep is located at 1780 Sloan Ave. Indianapolis, IN 46203.
VCP operates Monday- Friday from 7:30am to 4pm.
Who Are We? We’re the Firehawks!
For over 15 years, Victory College Prep has been a K-12, Mayor-sponsored charter school on Indianapolis’ south side. We serve those students who need us the most. Of the over 900 students we serve each year; 87% are students of color, and 100% free or reduced lunch. We prepare our students to carry the torch of success by giving them the tools they need to pursue their postsecondary goals. Check out what else VCP has to offer:
- Free busing
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snack daily
- Restorative approach to student development
- After-school programming and athletics
- 1:1 laptop program
- Small class sizes
VCP is a tuition free charter school.
Victory College Prep services scholars K-12. Many students come in to VCP in Kindergarten and continue on through to middle school and high school. Click here for more information on enrolling at VCP.
VCP has a mandatory dress code for all students. The dress code puts the focus on academics, not fashion, and creates a sense of school pride and belonging which are important components of our school culture. We ask that families work with school staff to support and enforce the dress code.
School-issued uniform shirts with the logo must be worn at all times. These shirts may be short or long sleeved. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
Tops can be purchased from SchoolZone:
- Navy blue uniform shirts
- A navy blue school sweatshirt or a solid, hoodless sweater with the school logo may be worn in school when it is cold.
- White, navy and gray turtlenecks or undershirts may be worn under uniform shirts, but not alone. If an undershirt of another color is worn, the student will be asked to remove the shirt.
- Khaki pants or shorts worn at the waist.
- Navy tights with khaki skorts, skirts, or jumpers (not more than one inch above the knee)
- In all grades a belt must be worn if the pants/shorts have belt loops. Belt loops may not be cut off
- Students are permitted to wear most types of shoes, however the following things are not allowed:
- Open toe shoes
- Shower shoes (slides)
Your child is loaned textbooks for use at no cost. Other learning tools may be loaned to the student as well. Students may not write in their books unless told to do so. All books, equipment and other loaned materials must be returned in good condition at the end of the year.
At Victory College Prep, we don’t believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Our program offers specially tailored small-group, whole-group, and 1:1 instructional time that ensures we meet the unique needs of our scholars. High Ability Program participants also frequently engage in unique clubs, STEM courses, and peer mentoring opportunities. For more information, check out our Academic Program!